A message from Chancellor Carranza about school reopening can be found here.
Here are some key pieces of information regarding summer school.
· Start & End Date: July 6th – August 14th
· Instructional Days: Classes are Monday – Thursday. Fridays are given to students to work on assignments on their own
· Bell Schedule: Period 1 – 8:30 to 10:10 AM, Period 2 – 10:10 to 11:50 AM, Period 3 – 11:50 – 1:30 PM
· Website you will use for remote learning: teachhub.schools.nyc/Home/Index (iLearnNYC app)
· Account you will be using: Your new DOE account (must be activated – info below)
· Program to give you instruction: Edmentum (automatically will come up when pressing iLearnNYC app)
· Program to use for meeting with teachers: Zoom
· Period 0 & 4 Classes: These classes are from last term that you received a NX as a final grade. NX means that your teacher thought you did not master enough of the course material to give a passing grade of 65 or higher. You will be taking portions of the class via iLearn to satisfy the course material from last term.
To Activate your new DOE account OR Reset your password: In order to activate your account, please take these necessary steps:
1. Go to idm.nycenet.edu/students/start.form 2. Enter your OSIS # (StudentID) & Date of Birth in the slots provided 3. You will be given your username. Click the continue button. 4. Create your password
Students scheduled for Periods 1 – 3 will be in classes that are traditional. You will meet with a teacher Monday – Thursday, work on assignments, receive instruction via Zoom by the teacher and run the entire length of summer school. **NOTE** Students in these classes are most likely in them to be granted a waiver for the regent you need to take. This fact is very important.
Students in Period 0 classes are in the class to make up coursework from last term to receive a passing grade for that class. Students in these classes will be given work using edmentum, given by Grady teacher(s) (most likely) to complete on their own time (or during set specific times).
Besides your teachers, which may or may not be Grady teachers, the following Grady staff members are working during summer school and can support you when you need it (or reach out to them via Pupilpath).
· Ms. Montalbano – firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>
· Ms. Leitzsey – firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>
· Ms. Matone – firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>
· Mr. McPhail – firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>
· Mr. Finkel – firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>
iLearnNYC Tech Support for Students: (Available Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 8 PM or Saturday/Sunday – 8 AM – 5 PM)
· Email: iLearnNYCsupport@d2L.com<mailto:iLearnNYCsupport@d2L.com>
· Phone: 1-88-995-9866
· Online chat support available by clicking the small chat box feature in the bottom right of screen
Dear Grady Friends and Family,
We are excited to invite you to join Grady’s first-ever Virtual Graduation Ceremony event hosted by the Open Door Arts-in-Education Project. As we are unable to celebrate our students’ tremendous academic achievements during this pandemic in-person we have worked with ODAEP to create a memorable experience to recognize the important decisions our seniors have made for their post-secondary lives.
Seniors & Senior Families: Please note that due to the current situation, we are happy to welcome all seniors to participate in the 2020 graduation ceremony. HOWEVER, please be aware that participating in the graduation does not mean students are officially confirmed as a high school graduate. All June confirmed graduates will be notified by the school next week.
Please join us as we celebrate the seniors virtually and in style. The viewing information is below:
What: Grady High School 2020 Virtual Graduation Ceremony
When: June 26th 2020; 1:00pm EST
Where: Virtually on the Zoom Platform
Event Link: http://grady.vgc.2020.odaep.org
More information can be found in Ms. Montalbano’s Google Classroom.
Senior Meeting will be held on Monday, June 22 @ 12:30 PM. An invite will be sent via pupilpath to you to join. This meeting is mandatory as we will be discussing the particulars to the Grady Wave Parade. There are many little aspects of the parade that must be informed and discussed. An agreement will need to be signed as well. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow and having a wonderful event on Wednesday.
Preliminary plans by the DOE is to reopen schools in September. Most likely the reopening will need to be altered in order to adhere to CDC guidelines and recommendations to remain safe during this pandemic.
The DOE is looking for your input and feelings about this reopening idea in order to gauge the best way to do this reopening. To complete the survey, use this link: www.schools.nyc.gov/learning/in-our-classrooms/return-to-school-2020
Thank you for your input.
Students & Guardians are welcome to attend a training on how to better use Pupilpath. Learn the ins and the outs of the very powerful tool in your child’s educational career at Grady. The meeting will be held on Thursday, May 21 @ 12:30 PM. The link for the meeting is posted in Ms. Montalbano’s Classroom in Google Classroom. Hope to see you there.