Dear Google User,
We are writing to let you know that we recently announced new storage policies for Google Accounts using Gmail<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEwwcyiS6a9wuMTtWYnq_y56ZnasEbWfBiWwc67GrRC0nDwPjbQqHjYlO1FR9rP2y377JOU72pfeDhVm0X0nmahRe3dNVTG9sSr2OsYqjyUvYEfKLQ>, Google Drive<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEzN0LJT-dksPSJU5Lze2BjlqwFCUad1kREjZs8HXhebOrr9XaVrwCQJ9NVr5ge4_6TH4_LzWgzzozmk440z93am4G9JiRrB82z1d1dFEf9LDooKDYVauA> (including Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawings, Forms, and Jamboard files) and/or Google Photos<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEzM7Tds55e-YR7eM4f9QD1uV4wgLc3xjPPiIdxRj2MeC2RdH2hxhn0VC-LKWdxPpK_f8UvvNqoAF3G1q68PoXdcvBQTEpqn3i17ARceQZlsG3aSK06CEZ9cOpU> that bring us in line with industry practices. Since you have previously used one or more of these products in your Google Account storage<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEy_meypvzD_KcS-XO0_-EutNE7bBQAapUOnpxyML6-oyXDEENgaD6RSVdbFhp80cT_nZdEhkC_Ul40fz0E6kJDsFNxrMgqDo360Mmnoznwc971MWnfIqpcEt4wZ7GqKot9ZJR6J6qdPQT_lVjq_xpETvFX-in-sMzY…>, we wanted to tell you about the new policies well before they go into effect on June 1, 2021. Below is a summary of the new policies. Please reference our Help Center article<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEy8Z0UZk9gJy6Roi9ONEnMRcKTzZ80I6j9AtP4a9emAqoLbkM9cS28LtaNHMp_TIY-O5Qz0XSeBH-PRtPi7JJsMc1P8Cb2sSoAEYwA_pBAgeXDvm-lblKObeiaL8B6uj9gNIzBYgdDAY7Q_PA> for a complete list of what’s changing.
Summary of the new policies (effective June 1, 2021):
– If you’re inactive<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEyQTikG-IMIPmowTUllqF4HfnyAKkzI6zdSeJb-e4MTVaFqdWz2Ri4VWfrhA6CHMWjCPgJCoR6IkYiPHFuMDPsD8butR3sLL5ldo6jppNrandgpbiSYrmNxFKVaE-XNFWpGeIttRxzGcYs> for 2 years (24 months) in Gmail, Drive or Photos, we may delete the content in the product(s) in which you’re inactive. Google One<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEy8VJMtPdOt87zcnNBTMHOCyfFpy16WBfCC9FiRL0ITh7nnskXOplOGV1o5OWPx8VJ5reZJ3qnwxalHf9fxp_9ZdcYOC10-dg0eOfR2e1-8_t6mMu3MOD98WZAnCwdad2nMZqtWtqZfTxOodnVbSinBGWdsnpI> members who are within their storage quota and in good-standing<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnExchKR_aaD94u1tPFHwH3124tvNAcJ7s2ISwDtBkTH0nrIiwFaz5E5ZyF4FPL2f7YvLu2IIiB9v8eGnZRBNUQgvBI3-Jhy9WfdHIqEejnZbqc9m3gOf5VbFFg5JuyGpaFDsr0Kr> will not be impacted by this new inactive policy.
– If you exceed your storage limit for 2 years, we may delete your content across Gmail, Drive and Photos.
What this means for you:
– You won’t be impacted by these changes unless you’ve been inactive or over your storage limit for 2 years. As this policy goes into effect June 1, 2021, the earliest it would be enforced is June 1, 2023.
– After June 1, 2021, if you are either inactive or over your storage limit, we will send you email reminders and notifications in advance and prior to deleting any content.
– Even if you are either inactive or over your storage limit for one or more of these services and content is deleted, you will still be able to sign in.
– Note: The inactivity and over quota storage policies will apply only to consumer users of Google services. Google Workspace, G Suite for Education and G Suite for Nonprofits policies are not changing at this time, and admins should look to the Admin Help center<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnExCtzeXortqgjSMXMW45AE_VOzCCIZbIbG28J42j-YeYG0CNxoLk8zbpIRD-tvOOyExiou3zjDLo-49xEZyIQVuUrdHXOr4pBr5zbkuad-6uXKJ2s–6UVoJp7LNJC1> for storage policies related to their subscriptions.
Learn more about how to keep your account active
– To learn more about how to remain active with these products, visit this Help Center page<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnExYvao6C2m9O4ADMUngB6dE-TSosEjvDt_f5naN3r6FiQjvZ2pByGbcfGzXbykl0LtnblncER-zILxlkgV8F051-o1NTLh8K2eLzSCOJI9Lf3oKKfIfjXQwUeGcYRZCETI1rnUBwRGTV5ublFN9aE5XxQ>.
– The Inactive Account Manager<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEyoXorhTvp07i826wxssObLL9U33ZcI0a9wyFFTek-3I05zTdhF5ZUlwvLe91-7Huc3Epj2wzFWor76iiMm98-ZL_reIdKyZ4-QRGo15PGaYBcFd750Ov99XSFZFG_84_WmotxsTmg> can help you manage specific content and notify a trusted contact if you stop using your Google Account for a certain period of time (between 3-18 months). Note: the new 2 year inactive policy will apply regardless of your Inactive Account Manager settings. You can learn more about these changes and ways to manage your or a loved one’s account in our Help Center<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEyj16-u3rvs2Cm_9n8TRy9rds3Tsn4O2d57sA-fp_DaGmfJhdytfe194ZRPkB2QYr9xmqyvpyyGKdPMuxRjkyclW_gHQ0MhmWsMR11z0U6zfU3och8r4osoyiW-gZXDzwO2gB0>.
Learn how to manage your storage
– Learn more about the over quota policy<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEwrGmu9RDU8Hlq7-NconIY33_cYbNvcUn-avreuZKZ6BC2lKAb8aiHv4H9oVCUBVSdSerY0Dnr1R9ByZgAFHEiczh2-PEMLNZRgbxqFEe58QJ5Os9N7HgmzoiS-IJ05W43s9d7HxLoX6ZEpUz4YfTWn7ZCK> and what counts against storage quota<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEyY7KsTWK6r-4IVRm53wtLLkyA149b_xhH7Q5NJGsEuRmkEUPv4AOhKnI22j1IqOv4KIXFuRk4zE-Th06bYyH9-7dwoPyWW2tipy97i6LAPjpaMBNt9f2emQcHa23Pp9K0hoNblqdZi1ELpkEw>.
– You can use the free storage manager in the Google One app<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEwa_DU4oWdDu5-0TO8k5Dua8j_-QSPTGUAYDlq6GIn7vKqtWlmGOLvHh9J0_cSJkP-IExfLB8xYeih8y3L3a3jPw_C1NPOCvfcchZoQD0xY4mFQcm2RS9yvDWkplfSuvpJp8yTELoAjbV5SPltP3rqR3paXq7MLzV_…> and on the web<www.google.com/appserve/mkt/p/AD-FnEwEK723Oa_3JwsP1–uVLk8QU0sZrahgpuuqqF1B6sEwY3sAxTCcankmzV-JVLWHOTysJnu7xcAZzDYpk-N02_UQ2HReNJEQHbOWvbb3j4o-PSOxqQCRKrgQMufxtWbYl_2Ga5z0-exPrineU0vEp4Gie6-zrntSEZ…> to see how you’re using your Google Account storage, and free up space across Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Photos.
Thank you for using our services. Your Google Team
© 2020 Google LLC 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043
You have received this mandatory email announcement to update you about important information related to your Google Account.