Blended Learning Assignments
Attached is a calendar that indicates which dates in September 2020 each group is anticipated to attend in-person learning.
Accounts and Logins
Grady students are using a brand new account when they return in September. Activate this account by doing the following steps:
ii. Enter your OSIS # & date of birth
iii. Jot down the username the system gives you
iv. Create your own password
v. Complete the process
Students will use this DOE account in order to access DOE/Grady systems. All of these systems are housed in an online portal called the TeachHub. To get there, students will:
ii. Log in with their new DOE username and password
iii. Click the High School tab
If you have a DOE-loaned iPad, we have important updates for you. To ensure your iPad is ready for use this fall, you must take the following actions before the first day of school:
If your iPad has been turned off all summer, you must turn it on and charge it, if needed.
To do this, turn Airplane Mode on and off:
- Tap the Settings app.
- Find the Airplane Mode button.
- Turn Airplane Mode on for ten seconds (the button will turn green).
- Turn Airplane Mode off and wait until your iPad reconnects to the internet. When it’s connected, you will see the connected icon at the top of your screen.
- Test your internet connection by going to schools.nyc.gov
Zscaler is a content-filtering application that ensures your child uses the internet safely and in accordance with the DOE’s safety policy. Updating the app is easy:
- Tap the Zscaler icon.
- Once open, Zscaler will automatically sign you in and register your device.
- Wait for the “Service Status” to say “ON”. This can take up to a minute.
- Close Zscaler.
This is a DOE app that allows you to access remote learning tools and to receive important notifications from the DOE. To sign in:
- Tap the Learn at Home app icon on the main screen.
- Sign in with your child’s @nycstudents.net username (the part before the ‘@nycstudents.net’) and password.
Good news! Your iPad is now a hotspot. This means other people can connect their device to your iPad’s internet. You just have to enable the right settings:
- Tap the Settings app.
- Find the Personal Hotspot button and tap it.
- Select Allow Others to Join.
- Other devices can now connect to your iPad’s hotspot.
As a reminder, the hotspot connection is only to be used for remote learning.
Call the Service Desk at 718-935-5100, fill out a Technical Support for Families form at https://www.nycenet.edu/technicalsupportforfamily or complete an online ticket using this link: https://servicecenter.nycenet.edu/